Kickin JennyV's Pig

Jumping on the "Kick The Pig" wagon. Mostly it's about losing weight, but really it's about living a healthier lifestyle.

Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Still At It




So I may have been lost, but not forgotten. No worries... I've still been riding the roller coaster of running life. I was doing so well with consistency there for a while and then something sent me sailing in another direction. I was house-sitting for a friend, who (lucky for me) had a treadmill and weights that I could use. I seemed to be side-tracked by my work last week and so I fell off the wagon again. This is not new to me. I've chased the wagon many many times. You know - when you are chasing it, it is hard to find the energy to catch up and the umph to jump on... but alas I did it! I jumped on the wagon tonight. I hit the treadmill running. Well - seriously I did a warm-up walk tonight and then I ran for 25 minutes. I also did a 5 minute brisk walk cool-down followed by some stretches and a few reps with the dumb bells.

Let me say... it was somewhat hard. I prayed 90% of the time because God is my work-out partner and he loves to motivate me. It works people!!! I love it!

Have I told you how much I love my MP3 player? I do. It's just little and holds more than enough songs for my exercise routine. I do need to rearrange the music to be in a better order, but none the less... they are there! I want to find some more good tunes for exercise. Some of the ones I downloaded don't have the right beat so I skip over them until cool-down.

So there you have it - I'm still running. I'd like to be running for 35 minutes by now, but I will be there in no time. Had I kept up a little better, I would be there by now. I'm not in a race though. I'm just glad to be committed to running - PERIOD. I haven't decided on a 5K yet. I was hoping to do one next month. I'd like to try a dry run at the park first - but we shall see. I have some busy weekends ahead, so I best not make too many more plans. I don't want to set myself up for failure.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home