Kickin JennyV's Pig

Jumping on the "Kick The Pig" wagon. Mostly it's about losing weight, but really it's about living a healthier lifestyle.

Saturday, July 21, 2007

I Want To Run A 5K


This would truly Kick The Pig! I wish I had a buddy to train with. Something tells me that my hubby will not be enthused about doing it. He had his share of runs in the Army. I will talk to him about it tonight.
I used to run when I was in my late teens and 20's. After I married I ran for a few weeks with my new hubby. He was the drill-sargent type. We quit because he was frustrated with me. You see, I'm already an over-achiever. When I exercise, I will push myself to the limits and then some if I can. So as I was doing that then he was trying to push me more and that was not going over well. These days I think he realizes this and won't be over-demanding. As a matter of fact, when we go walking these days, I am the pushy one.


Here are some handy resources I've been tapping into:


Spark People: They have all sorts of health related articles, message boards, even trackers for keeping a food and exercise diary, etc.


Cool Runnings: They have all sorts of running resources and tips, even instructions for going from Couch to 5K.


My training to run starts TODAY. New shoes are a must, but they are not in the budget this week. Maybe next week? We will see. None-the-less... I'm getting started with what I've got.


Anyone want to join me?

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home