Kickin JennyV's Pig

Jumping on the "Kick The Pig" wagon. Mostly it's about losing weight, but really it's about living a healthier lifestyle.

Monday, May 21, 2007

Kickin' The Pig On Monday

I woke up a little stiff, but did some stretches, donned some swishy pants, and headed outside for my first 15 minute early morning walk. That doesn't actually take me very far, but I suppose it isn't supposed to. I put my little digital timer in my pocket set out for my stroll. Many of our neighbors have gorgeous landscaping. One place has a large group of azaleas blooming, all lavender colored and so pretty. It's so eye catching. I love it. It's interesting to take in all the gardening ideas of those around us. Now... if we only had a yard condusive to such that would be so nice. I can dream can't I?

The birds sing so vibrantly in the morning. It's like they awaken and sing their praises to God for the newness of each day. They flutter about from bird feeders here and there. These must be lazy birds, but if someone was catering to you... wouldn't you take them up on it? I like to feed black oil sunflower seed. That draws a wide range of birdies for the kitties to feast their eyes upon. I may soon feed some thistle, to attract the tinier ones.

There is a crispness in the morning and I find myself thanking the Lord for my lovely surroundings. Sometimes I digress... pondering the surroundings of our home at the farm-house from years ago or what it would be like to live where there is more privacy than this. I must be thankful for what we have here - an affordable home with our needs being met. I am also thankful for my loving husband. He sat and talked with me for over and hour last evening... right after he said that he really had 'nothing to talk about.' Strangly enough - he did most of the talking.

I'm asking God for a good deal of strength today. Aside from the morning aches, I have a pretty large load of responsibility on my plate this week. I must do my best to take care of it without over-stressing myself.



  • I've had a 1/2 cup of coffee this morning with cream.
  • bowl of honey nut cherrios with 2% milk
  • Had another full cup of coffee with cream at work
  • Drank one full bottle of water
  • Snacked on a handful of mini-carrots
  • Lunch = fresh fruit salad
  • turkey burger with mushrooms and swiss, lettuce, tomato, pickle, onion, mayo
  • Another large water
  • Working on a small water now - done, and another one. :)
  • Cup of tea with cream and sugar for an afternoon pick-me-up
  • 2 spoonfuls of peanut butter to curb the munchies (ran out of carrots)
  • Dinner - leftover beef stroganoff with a spoonful of cottage cheese
  • Glass of grape juice
  • Late snack - juice popsicle

In the afternoon, I took a 10 minute walk as planned... over to the main building, outside, down the hill, around the front, and up the side next to my building, then up the steps to the 3rd floor. The hill was moderately hard, but I was trying to walk quickly. I used good discipline in choosing the steps over the elevator. I feel pretty good, but could really use an afternoon pick-me-up. Coffee? Hmmm... I've already had 2 waters and they don't seem to be helping. Oh my sleepy eyes... and I have so much to do!!! I must get past this!

Worked until 6pm. Long day, but after I got past the tired spell in the afternoon... time flew. Awesome. So the evening was quiet and uneventful. I was beat! Checked my e-mail, read some blogs, and then vegged out watching tv. (tomorrow is workout day) I watched some of "The Biggest Loser" hoping to gain some inspiration/motivation. All in all, not a bad day.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home