Kickin JennyV's Pig

Jumping on the "Kick The Pig" wagon. Mostly it's about losing weight, but really it's about living a healthier lifestyle.

Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Over The Hump Day


Morning. Keith had my alarm set for 9:15am instead of my usual 5:30am and thus I slept in. Luckily I awakened at 7:10am and frantically got ready for work. Good thing I showered last night. So I missed my morning walk. I'm rather disappointed about that. Maybe I will make up for it with an evening walk tonight?



  • Quick breakfast = corn flakes with 2% milk

  • Coffee = 2 cups with cream
  • Lunch = Chicken sandwich with slaw and about 10 french fries
  • Large water
  • 2 small waters
  • Dinner = Whole wheat spaghetti with sauce, side salad, cup of potato soup
  • Splurge = grilled stickies ala mode (oh the shame)

We went to the gym last night. It was not a work-out night, but we are trying to create good habits of going there. Any time we have the opportunity to share the experience, it's that much better. We were both exhausted and just wanted to do something to move our achy bodies a little. Basketball. We shot some hoops and then played a little one on one. I have to tell ya... I suck at basketball. I always liked it a little bit, but I'm not good at it. I suppose if I practiced, I might get good at it. Heck, if I was just a little more agile, I would be better at it. Keith disagrees, but I say he has all the moves. He's quick and when I press him he turns on a dime and slips away from me. I told him to give me a break. He said he already was. UGH! Needless to say, we got a little bit of exercise and some together time. It was well worth it.

Then we splurged. He was starving. I know it's crazy - we had spaghetti for dinner! So he wanted to hit Eat n' Park. I was struggling with a sweet temptation, which is very unusual for me. So we went and I ordered a dessert, which is totally unlike me and I enjoyed every last bite of it!!!! I'm a little disappointed in that, but at the same time... I have been a little stressed and that felt like a release for me. There were better choices for dessert, but I opted for the one that fulfilled my craving 100%.

Labels:

1 Comments:

At 12:53 PM, Blogger odat_kim said...

Your morning walks are inspiring me, I think I might get a pair of walking shoes for work and go for a walk each morning after I arrive and before I start my day.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home