Kickin JennyV's Pig

Jumping on the "Kick The Pig" wagon. Mostly it's about losing weight, but really it's about living a healthier lifestyle.

Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Veggie Challenge Day #2


Good morning Pig Kickers!!!


Veggie Challenge Portion Total for Today: 3+ maybe 4. Hmmm... could have done way better!



Breakfast: 3/4 c. Raisin Bran with 3/4 c. 1% milk. (Yep - tricked him again) I have been using my little glass custard cup type bowls for cereal. It makes me feel like I'm having a full bowl of cereal, but it's not that much. If I'm not measuring, then when I pour cereal into a regular size bowl, I'm over-doing it. So these little bowls are a gem when it comes to kicking the pig.


Coffee: working on a cup with no-fat cream. 2 more cups with cream at work.


Water: It's in front of me, but drinking a water along side a cup of coffee is just not right. Large glass with lunch. Bottle at home in the evening.


Pills: Aspirin. Hmmm... vities need re-filled and I just got a coupon for a $20 gift card for any new or transferred prescriptions at Rite-Aid. I think I might just do that. Hey $20 is $20 and even at Rite-Aid I can find plenty to spend it on.


Snack: 1 serving of mandarin oranges (evening snack)


Lunch: 1/2 of a chicken salad sandwich with tomato and lettuce, a 1/2 spoonful of fresh melon, and a small bowl of broccoli cheese soup.


Dinner: I think I'm going to make chili, but I'm going to add some extra veggies (shhhh don't tell Keith). I usually do put some corn in it, but I'm going to add green beans too. My mom used to make grean bean chili. I never liked kidney beans, so I thought it was fantastic. YUM-O. I'm so looking forward to it. I got some ground round so the meat is really lean. I probably should have considered ground turkey, but I always forget when I'm shopping. I can't help it - I've been spoiled with good meat for so long. I have been so spoiled that I used to cut my own steaks and hand-pick all my meat. I really should just start going into the Farmer's Market every other week, but I guess I'm too lazy. Shame on me.
Chili it was! With extra veggies in it! 1 bowl with a garnish of cheddar cheese and 2 squares of cornbread.


Exercise: Stairs at work - several trips and up to the roof of the parking garage too.


Moods & How I'm Feeling:


  • Morning: Pretty good. Need coffee. Letting hubby sleep in this morning. A little anxious about deadlines at work, but I just need to get there and tackle them.

  • Afternoon: TIRED

  • Evening: Busy little bee making dinner. Visiting with hubby.

Labels:

1 Comments:

At 10:38 AM, Blogger mom of 2 said...

The chili sounds good! I've looked at the ground turkey and a lot of it has just as much fat in it is as the lean ground beef! I've been drinking my coffe this morning, too...and you're right, coffee and water don't go together!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home