Kickin JennyV's Pig

Jumping on the "Kick The Pig" wagon. Mostly it's about losing weight, but really it's about living a healthier lifestyle.

Monday, January 22, 2007

Monday - Veggie Challenge Day Two



Looking back, I am patting myself on the back for succeeding in yesterday's challenge. I definitely consumed way more veggies than usual.


Breakfast: 1 cup Caramel Nut Crunch with 3/4 cup of 2% milk. (out of milk now)
Coffee: 2 cups with cream.


Pills: vitamin and aspirin. (out of vitamins now)


Water: working on a bottle now. glass with lunch. working on another bottle. Why is this so hard? Maybe I'll supplement with some herbal tea this evening.

Snack: I'm packing a generous assortment of fresh vegetable delights... celery sticks, mini carrots, a few grape tomatoes, and a handful of snow peas. I doubt I'll eat it all, but maybe it will last for a couple of days. Guess what? I ate it all and boy was it good!


Lunch: I'm packing a bowl of my homemade vegetable soup. I'm so onto this challenge!!! Sorry - saving that for tomorrow's lunch. Long story. Lunch was actually a BLT on wheat toast, 10 chips, and 6 french fries.


Exercise: Nothing much planned for today. I have to be to work early and will also be there late as I have an evening meeting today. Did some stairs... a couple of times. I missed out on some because I had to wheel a cart back and forth to my meeting. Oh well, I'll make up for it tomorrow. I think I'll do some squats and stretches this evening too.


Dinner: (on the Hospital's dime tonight) 3" hoagie with light italian dressing, tomatoes, and lots of lettuce... minus half of the bun.


Notes to self:


  1. No candy jar splurging today. It would sabatage your veggie challenge efforts. I did share a piece of chocolate covered peanut brittle with Dr McGill -- something I brought home from Palm Springs. And I had one Andes Candy.

  2. Take the stairs at work - lots of them! There is always tomorrow.

  3. Tip the water bottle all day long. well... this is a work in progress.

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 9:25 AM, Blogger Jemit said...

When do you weigh in again?
I have trouble getting the water in.. I'm lucky to get 1 1/2 in during the day..bottles, that is.
I think having the tilapia for lunch has made a big difference.. I'm eating a lot more fresh fruit and veggies too..a LOT more, and really easy on the breads.
I have extra vitamins if you need them.

 
At 7:17 PM, Blogger Jthemilker said...

In the morning... I bought myself a scale.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home