Kickin JennyV's Pig

Jumping on the "Kick The Pig" wagon. Mostly it's about losing weight, but really it's about living a healthier lifestyle.

Monday, January 08, 2007

Finally Turning A New Year


I've been under the weather and indisposed for the past week. I'm feeling markedly better now and ready to get on with those New Years resolutions or goals... one of which is to keep up with Kicking the Pig!


Breakfast: 1 cup of Grape Nuts Flakes with 1 cup of 2% milk.


Coffee: 3/4 of a cup with no fat cream


Pills: Antibiotic and Mucinex DM. Holding off on vitamin. Don't want to upset my stomach from too many meds.


Lunch: I've packed a lunch and snacks. I have leftover taco soup. It's actually very good for you. It's packed with lots of beans, corn, hominy, tomatoes, and made with 95% lean ground beef. I put a sprinkle of shredded cheese on top. (not too much) Usually I serve this with tortilla chips, but I will skip those extra carbs this time. It was YUMMY.


Snacks: 1/4 cup of sunflower seeds.


Dinner: Another bowl of taco soup... getting tired of it now.


Exercise: It's raining and just might snow today. Ugh. So I best make friends with the treadmill? Or maybe I'll opt to do some housework with lots of steps? Who knows? Well - I didn't get out of work until almost 7pm, so by the time I got home I was hungry and tired. Instead of the treadmill, I did some laundry and the dishes.


Note to self: Take the stairs at work. Resist candy jar at all cost!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home