Kickin JennyV's Pig

Jumping on the "Kick The Pig" wagon. Mostly it's about losing weight, but really it's about living a healthier lifestyle.

Monday, December 31, 2007

Here Comes Change


I suppose that with the coming of the new year, change is inevitable. I love it! I love the change of the year because I love fresh starts... I love to get re-organized. Part of that is reorganizing my healthy habits. Most of my "resolutions" if you will... are to increase awareness and to become more deliberate and devoted... striking out the infamous "lazy" lifestyle and taking on the fresh, new, lifestyle that is God honoring on many fronts.

I shall endeavor to move more... perhaps re-visit the couch to 5K program! Even if I simply add a mile of exercise each day that will add up fast.

I shall endeavor to surround myself with wisdom... daily devotions, quiet time with God, and prayer... and reading health related articles. These help me stay focused.

I shall endeavor to consume healthy products... fresh and wholesome foods... more water... and consume less sugar and complex carbohydrates.

Overall goals:


  • To lose 5% of my weight

  • To run a 5K

Rewards:



  • Hmmm...

  • New clothes (desperately needed)

  • Maybe a short vacation-style trip this summer?

  • Some sort of spa-related activity... maybe a massage?

  • Better overall health that will attribute to increased energy and lifted spirits!!!!

Anyone want to kick the pig with me?! I'm weighing in tomorrow morning!

Labels:

1 Comments:

At 8:38 PM, Blogger odat_kim said...

I will. I only 60% of the weight I wanted to last time around (20% came back, at least I'm still ahead). Slow and steady is the goal, I should do a new diet blog too.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home