Kickin JennyV's Pig

Jumping on the "Kick The Pig" wagon. Mostly it's about losing weight, but really it's about living a healthier lifestyle.

Sunday, March 02, 2008

Sing it... Back In The Saddle Again!!!


YES - I exercised today! I'm running and walking half and half for 20 minutes with a 5 minute warmup and 5 minute cool-down. This is accompanied by some pre and post stretching, 3 sets of crunches, and some simple weight training. Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh... It feels so good!




God meets me at the treadmill. He is my workout partner! I love it!!! Where do you go to meet God? Do you have a special place? A special time?

Labels:

3 Comments:

At 5:38 PM, Blogger odat_kim said...

Hi Jenny,

I'm still reading :), I wanted to shre with you what I'm working on now.

I started watching "I can make you thin" with Paul McKenna on TLC last Sunday. It's a 5 week miniseries and the first week made lot sof sense to me, it's a life style change I can make. He has 4 golden rules.
1) Eat when you're hungry
2) Eat what you want
3) Eat consciously
4) Stop when you're full

#3 has helped me a lot I didn't realize that until I had to stop and savour every bite and not be distracted, just how many of my meals are on the run (i.e. while working, while getting ready for work in the morning, or in front of the computer or TV for dinner. Which is why when I get stressed at work I want to go eat and just sit there and eat something. By sitting there and eating my regular meals I don't feel the need to snack midday because I've had a much needed break, and by eating cousciously I also don't eat as much.

I like #2 as well, eat what I want, it's been great to have apple pie in the fridge and I've had no cravings to gobble it up :)
Kim

 
At 6:44 PM, Blogger Jthemilker said...

Thanks Kim. Wish I had seen that. I don't get TLC. :( Thanks for filling me in tho. I shall post these where I can remind myself of them often. And thanks for not forgetting me!

 
At 9:38 PM, Blogger Jthemilker said...

BTW - if you are on SP send me your screen-name so I can find you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home