Kickin JennyV's Pig

Jumping on the "Kick The Pig" wagon. Mostly it's about losing weight, but really it's about living a healthier lifestyle.

Friday, February 23, 2007

It's Friday... The Rat Race Is Over... For Now Anyway

Thanks to my sister and BIL I now have a replacement mouse for the home computer. THANKS guys.

Breakfast - oatmeal, sprinkle of brown sugar, splash of no fat cream. Shame on me - I forgot that I was supposed to go have labs drawn this morning to re-check my cholesterol! I need to get that done and it requires a fast. I would have been fine, but as usual I forced myself to eat breakfast... before I read my 'note to self.' Oh well... another day then.

Water - working on a bottle now... with Pills - Aspirin and Vitamin. I'm trying a new idea... I used to always make coffee in the morning then when I got to work I'd try to drink water and more coffee, but sometimes not much water. I'm trying to switch to starting with water. You know - that starts the day off on a good foot. Then when I get to work I can drink 2 cups of coffee if I'd like... which would normally add up to 3+ cups. The only problem I'm having with this is that by the time I get to work, I have to go straight to the restroom. So, I've modified it a smidge. I drink about a quarter of a bottle in the morning with my vities and then make a point to finish the bottle a little closer to work - on the way. That seems to be working a little better. Is coffee really the eye opener? I mean, I do drag in the mornings sometimes. But it seems that I'm generally awake enough to make the trek into town without feeling groggy. MORE WATER - 1 large glass with lunch. 1 bottle at my desk. (I also had 2 cups of coffee this morning, but that doesn't count for water) And for an evening snack/nite-cap an herbal tea.

Snack: blueberry yogurt. I think it was called "Light and Fit." Very low in fat and calories.

Lunch: half of a turkey and swiss on foccacia bread with lettuce, pickle, and mayo and a spoonful of potato salad.

Dinner: PBJ on toast (apricot preserves) Warm and delicious.

Exercise: I'm milking cows this weekend - that definitely counts for squats!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home