Kickin JennyV's Pig

Jumping on the "Kick The Pig" wagon. Mostly it's about losing weight, but really it's about living a healthier lifestyle.

Monday, March 24, 2008

Small Streaks


I've made a small streak of three days with exercise. I'm trying to focus on establishing the routine more than the intensity right now. Maybe if I think I HAVE to run on the treadmill it is a dreadful thought, but if I just need to walk on it for say 20 minutes... it's easier on my mind. PLUS I ran some too yesterday and today AND I extended an additional 5 minutes just because I was feeling good! See how easy that is!
Notably, it is time for my 6 month lab check to see how my cholesterol is doing. After my last visit with the doc, she prescribed some Omega-3's but they are ultry expensive! Like over $165!!!! My insurance doesn't cover them - yet. I'm hoping maybe sometime soon they will. So because it was not cost-effective, I got some over the counter Omega-3's at the drug store. They give me heartburn and make me burp fish- YUK!!!! I threw them out!
So if the little bit that I was taking actually DID make any difference, then maybe I'll spring for the expense and take just one per day or every other day instead of 2 or 3 per day. As long as that is okay with doc.... We shall see.
Remind me to call for a lab slip! And while I'm at it I'm going to ask her if there is anything I can do to effectively increase my ability to FOCUS! I'm telling you I am somewhere between ADD and OCD... maybe a little of both!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home