Kickin JennyV's Pig

Jumping on the "Kick The Pig" wagon. Mostly it's about losing weight, but really it's about living a healthier lifestyle.

Sunday, October 15, 2006

Another Day Of Rest

Today, being the Sabbath, I am taking some time to rest. Actually, I rested some yesterday too, but today is to be a day of worship and rest and that is what I set out to do.

Breakfast: 1/2 cup Oatmeal with a sprinkle of sugar and splash of 1% milk. Also - a spoonful of tapioca pudding that I had made for Keith last night. YUM.

Water: Does caffiene free herbal tea count? I had 3 cups of Wild Sweet Orange iced tea with a splash of cranberry juice.

Lunch: Open-faced sloppy joe and light coleslaw.

Snack: no snack really... but a cup of regular tea with a spoonful of sugar and a splash of no-fat cream.

Exercise: Nothing strenuous today. I'm working on some laundry so I've made multiple trips up and down the stairs.

Dinner: I made a pot of taco soup, but I haven't indulged yet. This is actually rather healthy if you watch the cheese intake. There is extra lean ground beef, spices, and a ton of beans and corn. It's served with plain tortilla chips and a sprinkle of shredded cheddar cheese. I love this soup. I made a huge pot because it is fabulous as left-overs and Keith will be home for the next 2 days... thus he will have food to eat without having to cook.

2 Comments:

At 9:28 PM, Blogger odat_kim said...

Caffiene free tea and coffee count as water, but shouldn't be more than half your total intake (according to weight watchers), think it if like flavoured water, only hot. However, many herbal teas and flavoured coffees, and flavoured water have sugar, so you want to watch that too. Feel free to use Crystal Light the raspberry Ice is my favourite and come highly recommended by many women.

 
At 2:06 PM, Blogger Jthemilker said...

I thought so. I buy Starbucks herbal teas (tazo tea) and brew it myself. I don't add sugar. I like it just plain. I think I'll just go this route when I run out of bottled water. I need something to help the tap water taste a little better. Thanks for the input!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home