Kickin JennyV's Pig

Jumping on the "Kick The Pig" wagon. Mostly it's about losing weight, but really it's about living a healthier lifestyle.

Saturday, October 21, 2006

It's All About Choices

Morning Pig Kickers. My senses are aware of my duty to make appropriate choices this morning. Remember those cartoons with the devil and angel on the character's shoulder encouraging them to make a choice one way or another? I am reminded of this as I make my choices for breakfast.

Keith would have appreciated a hearty breakfast this morning... eggs, toast, bacon, pancakes, etc. All of that is WAY out of my league. It's tough to find a happy medium when he is trying to gain weight and I am trying to lose it! My first reach was for the frozen cinnamon waffles. I admit, I reached for them. The devil on one sholder prompted me to. He made me see right past the "KICK THE PIG" poster on the outside of the fridge! But then the angel on the other shoulder said "Read the label!" So I did. Each waffle has 5 grams of fat and 2.5 mg of cholesterol. So if I ate 2 waffles, I would have then spent probably at least a third or more of acceptable fat grams for the day. I'm thinking... lets spend them on something a little better. Who needs those darned cinnamon waffles anyway! I should have bought whole wheat waffles!

Breakfast: Cherrios with 1/2 cup of 1% milk. (way more healthy than waffles)

Coffee: One cup so far. Starbucks Serena blend with no fat cream. YUM. Another half cup followed.

Lunch: A huge bowl of green peas with a scoop of left-over mac n' cheese and a 1/2 cup of garbanzo beans. YES - I know it sounds odd, but it was good!

Exercise: Planning to walk at the park today. I'm a loner today. :( I hate walking alone. I was thinking of getting a dog just so I would HAVE to walk every day, but our house is cluttered enough without another pet at the moment. I may also catch a ride today. It would be so nice to do a mid-afternoon ride, but I'm not sure that my riding pal will be available for that or not? We'll see.


Kicked the pig at the park for 1.3 miles. I could have done 3x that much, but I had other places to go today so I didn't. None the less, it felt good!

Dinner:

Water: 10 oz. Dasani after walk. 16 oz. 1/2 water 1/2 cranberry juice with lunch. 16 oz. Fruit 2O at my parent's house.

To all my Pig Kicking friends.... Don't let the devil alter your choices today! Pay attention to the little pig-kicking angel on the other shoulder who will help you make the better choice!

2 Comments:

At 2:43 PM, Blogger odat_kim said...

But I want a Lick's burger! OK OK OK OK OK, I'll try I'll try really hard. If we do end up there, maybe I'll just have the salad, since we're going out tomorrow night for dinner as well.

 
At 5:51 PM, Blogger Jthemilker said...

I totally feel your pain! Kick on my friend!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home