Kickin JennyV's Pig

Jumping on the "Kick The Pig" wagon. Mostly it's about losing weight, but really it's about living a healthier lifestyle.

Saturday, September 30, 2006

Goals


Hmm goals:

  • Increase awareness of habits - This is probably the largest hurdle. When we increase awareness of our habits, we become charged with the duty of analyzing them and mapping a route to overcome the poor habits. My first step in completing this task is to record a synopsis of these habits right here in my blog.

  • Consume more water. It's good for me. I do make a point to drink some every day, but it's never enough.

  • Move more. I never get enough exercise. It is generally sporadic. Lately I have been riding horses at least once per week and walking at the park at least twice per week. I will ask Keith to hook up the VCR/DVD again so I can take advantage of some indoor exercise. Dare I dig out the treadmill?

  • Lose 10 pounds by Thanksgiving - November 23, 2006. What is the reward if I do? Perhaps a piece of pecan pie. YUM.

  • Lose 20 pounds by New Years - This would justify a reward of a new outfit - and not one off the clearance rack!

2 Comments:

At 9:38 AM, Blogger Jemit said...

What a great idea.. and fun.
It always helps to have to be accountable to yourself.. and this makes it so.
Yeah, I need to lose a LOT of weight.
I've been doing some Richard Simmons on my own and walking outside.
I may try Kick the Pig ...

 
At 9:46 AM, Blogger Jthemilker said...

It's our new "code" for when I am reaching for something that I shouldn't be... Keith says "Honey, Kick the Pig." LOL He would probably be afraid to say "Honey, you don't need that." But Kicking the Pig is a great concept! I love it!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home